Gartner has released its magic quadrant for digital experience platforms (DXPs) this week, and our platinum partner Optimizely, formerly known as Episerver, is again listed at the top of the pack as a leader. Gartner's report evaluated the strengths and weaknesses of 16 different DXP vendors.
What is a DXP?
Marketers need to deliver unique and personally relevant content to their customers across a variety of touchpoints. Customers expect businesses to pre-empt their needs and help them achieve their goals without needing to interact with another person.
To deliver these personal digital experiences, marketers need a platform that can:
- let marketers author messaging in a central repository
- manage approval workflows to ensure quality and consistency with brand guidelines
- share content across many different devices, screen resolutions and digital properties
- learn customer preferences and recommend relevant content in the right context, at the right time, at the right scale
- measure this content and optimise it over time
A critical element of all marketing activity is the need to show an ever-improving return on investment on the company’s bottom-line. The number of marketing tools available that meet these requirements is incredible.
A digital experience platform (DXP) offers marketing teams a truly integrated and connected platform that helps them deliver exceptional customer experiences and demonstrate a strong return on investment. The right platform also saves organisations time and money by reducing the need for marketers to double-handle messages and content across multiple marketing tools, or struggling to integrate and measure consistently across a multitude of technology sets.
Research houses like Gartner help marketers cut through the noise and make the right choice.
Episerver [Optimizely] a leader again
Gartner praised the Episerver [Optimizely] Customer-centric Digital Experience Platform for its clear product vision and roadmap. Through a number of targeted acquisitions, the platform has grown to be one of the most mature and cohesive offerings in the market for enterprise and growing mid-sized companies.
It encompasses four key pillars:
- Content Cloud - author personalised content at scale
- Commerce Cloud - power a unique shopping experience for your customers
- Intelligence Cloud - know your audience and customers intimately, tailoring their 1:1 experiences with key insights, experimenting until you find what works best
- Full Stack - integrate tests and experiments with server-side capability
2020 saw a global shift in business priorities. Intergen/Empired is seeing accelerated digital transformation roadmaps from all of our customers.
Companies need to be digital first, and allow customers to self-serve on their digital channel of choice. eCommerce has grown significantly in the last year: by July 2020 ecommerce had grown 41 per cent year-on-year in just three months as a result of the pandemic.
This increased competition for customer attention means you need to put renewed energy into standing out from the crowd. To reduce friction in your digital experience and win in the experience economy, you need the right technology.
Get in contact with our digital team if you would like a deep dive into Optimizely.